Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween bags



These are the BEST (and possibly most frugal) idea I've had in a long time! When my mother-in-law was alive, she would give me her scraps of material (sometimes as big as two yards!). I always took them because it was like Christmas to me - sorting through what I would keep, what projects I might be able to do, etc. So I found this halloween material and decided to make the kids their trick-or-treat bags.

These were super easy - they ARE all varying sizes due to the fact that they were made from scraps, but the general idea was this: cut two pieces of material 12 inches by 12 inches, with right sides together sew three sides (again, I have a surger, so this is quick!) hem the top (open) side. Cut two pieces of fabric about 4 inches by 12 inches - this is the strap - fold in one inch from each side (so they meet in the middle) and then fold it in half - sew close to the open end (I do it this way so I don't have to roll a tube). Sew them down to the bag and that's it!

These were done at no cost, only my time, due to the fact they were scraps!! Also nice is how small they fold - easy to store away for the next year.

I have also done cloth bags for myself for grocery shopping, so I will try to post a tutorial soon to show how! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!