Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Homemade Baby Wipes

Pretty much anything that you need regularly can be made with just a little bit of research.  When I was expecting my son, K, my sister-in-laws let me in on a huge money saver that they had utilized for several years with several kids.

Homemade baby wipes!!!

Now, I still tend to buy a pack for the diaper bag, but for at home I use the homemade kind almost 100% of the time.

To make your own baby wipes you will need:

A half roll of Bounty paper towels (this is one thing to NOT go cheap on.  I've tried using off brands and they turn more of a glue-like consistency than anything else.  Go for the 6 or 8 pack and you wind up saving anyway.)


2 Tablespoons of baby oil

2 Tablespoons of baby shampoo

(To save time, I make two batches at once.)

You will also need an airtight container to mix all these products and hold your wipes.

(Optional - Essence Oils for scent.  Lavendar oils will prevent souring in the summer.)

Step 1:  Cut paper towel roll in half across the width of the roll (not lengthwise) and place cut side down into airtight container.

Step 2:  Add in 2 T baby shampoo, 2 T baby oil, and one and a half cups of tap water.

Step 3: Put lid in place and let sit for 5 minutes.  Place upside down after 5 minutes and let sit another 5 minutes.

Step 4:  Remove cardboard in center of roll.  This should create a "pop up" center for your wipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!