Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Stop buying fabric softener!

Alright, so you know who you are....here's the recipe that I am currently using for Fabric softner.

1 cup baking soda
6 cups white distilled vinegar
8 cups water
10-20 drops essential oil (optional)

Mix above in LARGE container (will bubble like CRAZY!!!) and store at room temp. When using, give a shake or stir to mix the essential oil back in and use 1 cup per load.

This is VERY cheap, works GREAT and leaves no nasty vinegar smell (I was skeptical, but it's true!)

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! thank you for the recommendation. I will definitly be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog and leaving the link. I've been using straight vinegar as fabric softener, but I like the idea of trying essential oils.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!