Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Use Solar Power!

I've chosen the sun as today's tip. I know a LOT of people hang out clothes....but, did you know that each batch is saving you about 50 cents a load?? Now, considering I have a family of seven and do about 5+ loads a week (in a double capacity washer) this means hanging out clothes in the summer saves me LOTS!!


But, one thing that I have also learned in the process is that the sun is a natural bleaching agent. This is fine if you cloth diaper and need those stains to come out or have any other clothing that you don't want to use bleach on, but what about your dark clothes that you would like to keep dark? Simple, when you are hanging the on the line, turn them inside out! Presto, no sun fading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!