Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who Says???

So, my question of the day is "who says?"

For most people (especially those with larger families) laundry is a bore - and probably the last thing to be done. But the worst part of laundry (for me, anyways) is SOCKS....I HATE doing them. With 7 people in the house.....sorting, folding and putting away socks is just NOT the highlight of my day! Yes, I keep things simple: every child gets plain white socks - all the same brand (except for the times when grandparents and aunts and uncles buy the "cute" ones) - so it makes sorting easier, but still, I would let a laundry basket get full before actually "doing" them - argh!

Here is my solution: rolling cabinets. They work WONDERFUL.....

WHO SAYS SOCKS HAVE TO BE FOLDED AND PUT IN A DRESSER???? Not me!! LOL

Both cabinets, under my white laundry table - each drawer labeled with one of the kids' names.



V's drawer, close-up. They reach in and grab the socks they want! (oh yeah, added bonus, no more complaining about have to walk ALL THE WAY upstairs (lol) to get socks because they forgot they need to wear them!!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I have 7, so to be 8, people living in this house. this could work! The dilemma is where to put the rolling drawers, I don't have a laundry table. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!