Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Are you SERIOUS about saving money this year?

For those that want to save LOTS of money:

~Drop cable/satellite - you'll find you spend MUCH more family time together!

~Drop your cell-phone - or if you "can't" live without one - buy a pay-as-you-go plan and teach yourself to only use the phone if you have to.

Both of these options are for people who REALLY want to save money - I have done both - even though the "rage" is for everyone to have a cell phone - I have a tracfone - and pay less than $100 per YEAR for it. It wasn't that long ago that the cell phone was for the wealthy only.

We have "went without" satellite for over three years, and now have had it for three years again. At the end of the month, we will drop it again.

Both of these options will save you around $500 PER YEAR....that's $1000 if you drop both!

Evaluate your situation: my personal goal for the year is to be a better steward with my money, thus being thankful for all that God has given me. The question that I ask myself is this: "Just because God has blessed me with money for these "extras" - does that mean I NEED them - or can I use that money, instead, to further HIS teachings, HIS word?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!