Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Cheerio treats

A good friend of mine was recently put on bedrest. She's a VERY busy work-at-home-mom and is always home-cooking for her family and daycare children. I knew that this would be a hard time on her, so my 7 year old daughter and I whipped up some treats to take to her -- chili soup, mini-banana bread loafs (which, I hear, make for a GREAT breakfast!) and these little Cheerio treats. Super simple and totally kid approved! I actually got yelled at from my kids because they didn't realize I had tripled the batch so that we could keep some AND send some to her! :)

Without further ado, here's the recipe:

Cheerio Treats

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar

Mix ingredients and stir until they come to a boil.

Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup peanut butter. Stir until smooth.


Add 3 cups Cheerios and mix until well-coated.

Drop by teaspoons on wax paper.

Makes about 3 dozen!




Linked with Tasty Tuesdays and Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

10 comments:

  1. These sound really delicious, and with the Cheerios in them they are kind of good for you too! I'll definitely give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April: hee-hee...that's what I tell myself too: with the Cheerios, they are semi-healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sure my kids would adore these! They remind me of my no-bake cookie recipe a little bit and those are always hits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So quick and easy! Bless you for bringing her a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These sound good! :D My kids would absolutely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this recipe before but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of Cheerios, will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids would love these! http://www.inspired2cook.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!