Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I think my five year old daughter almost has this recipe memorized - Reese's are her FAVORITE candy bar and this recipe is a pretty close knock-off!

Peanut Butter Bars
  • 2 C. (one package) graham cracker, crushed (we put them in a zippered baggie and let the kids - even the youngest ones!! - crush with their hands, rolling pin, etc)
  • 3 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
  • 2 sticks melted margarine
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 C. Peanut butter (we used chunky in the above picture)
  • 2 C. chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips.

Press into a 9 x 13 pan.

Melt chocolate chips and spread on top.

*you could also pour chocolate into a muffin cup, press some batter in and then pour more chocolate on top - more "authentic" that way....but I find that my family just wants them done quickly so they can eat them! :)

Enjoy!



Linked with WFMW and Frugal Friday

13 comments:

  1. those sound divine. My son would go CRAZY for these! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! My favorite combo! These look delish!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so delicious. Unfortunately I can't get grahm crackers where I live- do you think I can make it with tea biscuits instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely DIVINE! ahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penniless Parenting: I would think that any sweet cookie/cracker would work - I'm not really familiar with tea biscuits, but if they are similar to 'Nilla Wafers, I think it would work.

    Thanks for reading!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this - I'll have to try them! We love Reese's but my son can't eat them because he can't have food coloring. This would be great for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! I'm allergic to peanut butter but I LOVE almond butter, I think I may substitute and try them out =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so going to have to make these! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tried these and mine turned out horribly ugly, but they sure are good! The peanut butter mixture is yummy by itself, too. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!!! I was craving sushi all day until I saw your post. Now I'm going to whip up a batch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I am dropping in from Frugal Friday.

    I enjoyed your post. Wow, sounds sinfully delish.

    Stop by and see me when you get a chance over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds awesome! My brother is coming and i was looking for a good dessert to make, I know he will love these.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!