Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Homemade Hashbrowns



Thanks to Heavenly Homemakers we are now making our own hashbrowns....and they are the BOMB!!

This weekend, I took a 5 pound bag of potatoes, scrubbed and baked them in a 9 x 13 pan for an hour and a half.
UPDATE: Check out this post to see how I bake the potatoes in the crock rather than the oven!



Then, I peeled and shredded them - they amounted to a half of a cake sheet FULL!! (A little EVOO on the bottom to prevent sticking.)

At this point, you can freeze them or bake them!!

I baked them at 400 degrees for around 45 minutes (until browned)



They turned out perfectly. The children prefer them less crunchy, while the hubby and I like the crunch - doing it in the oven gave us the best of both worlds!

Heavenly Homemaker's says that these can be frozen....um, they didn't make it that far, even though that was my intent!!





and Freezer Food Friday and Foodie Friday and Frugal Friday

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea.....I'm going to make theses for sure. Thanks for sharing and I love your Blog. Happy Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...thanks for this post! I'm planning a recipe that calles for shredded potatoes, now I can make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet parchment paper would be perfect for this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!