Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Make your own.....Chocolate Syrup!


Yes, I have hopped on the figurative bandwagon of making your own chocolate syrup. This appeals to me because I hate the expensive price-tag of this in the store AND the ingredients are all things that I have on-hand!

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix cocoa powder and sugar together until well mixed. Add water. Mix well. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and vanilla (if you have butter-flavored vanilla, it adds an extra kick!). Store in refrigerator.

This is not a super sweet recipe. I found many different recipes online and combined them to make my own - this one works great for chocolate milk, ice cream, shakes....whatever!!

The container can be purchased at Wal-Mart for under a dollar. It is also the same container that I use for my homemade BBQ sauce.


Linked with Homemaker Monday and Motivate Me Monday and Grocery Cart Recipe Swap

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good--I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! That looks so yummy and I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I don't think I've seen recipes for homemade chocolate syrup before, but now I'm interested in trying it!

    I love the container you are using for it. I should get some for my homemade BBQ sauce, I posted a recipe today!

    Thanks for sharing!

    www.my-vintage-kitchen.blogspot.com
    www.under-the-big-oak-tree.blogspot.com

    I'm adding myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and delicious idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so neat! I never would have thought that you could do that, but of course!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!