Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 13, 2010

The BEST Bean Dip

I first tried this dip at a cousins' graduation party...and fell in love with it! I promptly begged my aunt for it and made it the day after I got the recipe from her!

This is such a wonderfully versatile recipe - this time of year, a lot of the ingredients come from my garden: the peppers, onions, fresh sweet corn....yum! It tastes great with tortilla chips or plain!! Yesterday, I ate a a small bowl of it plain, but added garden cucumbers and tomatoes!










1 can EACH: black beans, pinto beans and black eyed peas
2-10 oz cans of shoe-peg corn
1 chopped onion
3 cups chopped celery
1 chopped yellow, green AND red pepper

Drain and rinse beans and peas. Put in ice cream pail.

Dressing: (I make this first and put into refrigerator to cool, then get all veggies ready)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar

Combine in medium saucepan. Stir until boiling. Boil one minute, then cool.

Refrigerate for 12 hours....lasts for 2 weeks (so she said - I've never had it last that long!!)

Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious - and healthy too with the beans and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops- that should be "they are" :) Time for my morning cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele: Oh yes....the MUCH cheaper route to go - we also do the dried beans - and don't even get me started on the freezer corn (we just "put up" around 60 (yes, sixty!) quarts last weekend! Still waiting on the tomatoes and peppers though....still getting blossoms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I am definitely going to try this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I'll have to remember this for our next BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great to discover a recipe to be excited about? Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!