This year we are mass producing rice packs. These are SO simple to make and are one of the most well-received gifts that we have given.
The basic idea is this:
- cut a piece of cotton material to the size of rice pack you want to make
- sew three edges (I like to use my serger for this)
- fill half full with rice
- sew shut the last side
- measure fleece to be 4 inches larger than rice pack (all the way around)
- cut out corners (as shown in lower right corner of picture)
- set rice pack in between both pieces of fleece
- tie (top piece to bottom piece) all the way around
|Our 10 year old daughter ties a rice pack for her teacher.|
*You may also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the center of the pack - this will make it smell nice while heating!
*These also work great to warm the sheets for a new baby before laying them down for the night!
|This is the instruction sheet we included with each rice pack -the paper it was printed on was bought after Christmas last year for $1.50 for a pack of 35 papers - templates were free online.|
Linked with Motivate Me Monday and Homemaker Monday