Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

WI is known for dairy and sweet corn -here, the best of BOTH worlds!!

I am a corn snob. I admit it. I love fresh sweet corn  - and here in WI we get it (literally) by the bushel baskets full. As a matter-of-fact, my hometown has an annual "Corn Festival" every August. If I can't eat sweet corn fresh then I'll gladly pull out one of the 50+ pints that we've frozen since August.

So, when my sister-in-law said she was making baked corn - and it includes a can of creamed corn - I was pretty appalled. But when she pulled it out of the oven: it looked so good that I HAD to try it!

I must admit - I am hooked!

Here's the recipe:

Wisconsin Style Baked Corn
1 can sweet corn (or frozen) with juices
1 can cream-style corn
1 stick butter (do NOT substitute)
1 box (8.5 oz.) Jiffy cornmeal mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
Dash of salt, pepper and sugar

Melt butter in a 9 x 13 pan. Add corn, cornmeal mix, eggs, salt pepper and sugar into pan and mix well. Fold in sour cream. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until firm and cheese is bubbly.

~Jessica

Linked with Motivate Me Monday
and Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!