Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Capri/bluejeans "upcycle"

I've been doing a LOT of sewing this summer and decided to post some of it here -just in case y'all are interested!

I was given these blue jeans by a good friend - there are two pairs of blue jeans and a pair of capri's. They are full of holes (not allowed at our school!) and looking pretty rough. My first thought was to give them to Goodwill - but I decided to do some playing around with them.

First I cut all the little appliques off of the capri's (the pair that is going left/right in the picture). I figured these would make a good patch!

Then I took the pair of pants on the left and put one of those patches on the knee - presto! Pants that my 1st grader can now wear to school because the holes are gone!

Next, I took the pants on the right and simply cut them off at the top of the holes and hemmed it with a zig-zag stitch. After a few washings, they will fray really nice!

~Jessica

Linked with WFMW
and Frugal Friday

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! :) It saved money and use of new material. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was inventive! I wish I could sew...

    Good stuff here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!