Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Italian "roll-up" meatloaf

 A few weeks ago, a good friend invited the kids and I over for supper. We had a fantastic time - the kids played and she made Italian meatloaf. This is a recipe that her dad "made-up" when they were little kids...the whole family would gobble it up! This is the same recipe that "converted" her husband - he HATED meatloaf until he tried this!

This recipe isn't so much of a "recipe" exactly as it is a base for adding the things that you and your family would like.

Italian style meatloaf:
2 lbs hamburger
1 egg
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
cheese
spaghetti or pizza sauce (1/2 cup for in the meatloaf, 1/2 cup for on top)

Additions: italian seasoning or pizza seasoning, onions, celery, shredded carrots, etc

I used 2 eggs, provolone sliced cheese, no sauce and added some asian seasoning I had in my cupboard. I may have added some more bread crumbs too (I didn't measure, so I'm not sure).

Mix all ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl. Spread the meat mixture on a cookie sheet lined with saran wrap, wax paper or parchment paper. Spread into a rectangle no larger than your bread pan. Add cheese - shredded or slices. Use the paper or saran wrap to help you roll the meatloaf up,  jelly-roll style. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done (I covered my in tinfoil since I didn't put any sauce on top).

Not the best picture, but see the gooey cheese rolled up in there?!

Enjoy!!

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!