Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Saving Money - On Lunch!

I'm a poor college student and a mom of five. We are living on one income. This doesn't leave much wiggle room in the budget. It has taught us to be super-frugal and we try to save money at every turn.

One of the easiest ways we have found to save money is this: when I have classes, clinicals or labs, I bring my own lunch. Easy. A friend owns her own Thirty-One Business and she had offered a 50% off item that someone hadn't used - so I got one of their cool, monogrammed lunch bags! This, paired with the CrystalWave Lunch' n Dish with Cold cup that my friend that owns a Tupperware Business gave me for 50% off allows me to take lunch and save a LOT of money over going out to eat or buying from a vending machine.


This is what I do: while I am making lunches/suppers over the course of the week, I figure out how many days I'll be gone for the next week. Towards the end of the week, I decide what I want to take and just pull the CrystalWave plates out and fill them up. The night before, I grab my Thirty-One bag and put the CrystalWave plate right in it, along with my drink, silverware and napkin and I'm ready to go! In the morning, I only have to remember to grab the bag out of the refrigerator - easy!

~Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!