Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Crock pot honey sesame chicken

I can't say enough about this dish! It was easy and so yummy - restaurant quality with at home prices. If you don't have the sesame seeds at home, they can be skipped.

When prepping for this - I mixed the sauce ingredients the night before. So the morning that I made it, I only had to dump the sauce over the chicken and turn on the crock - easy, peasy!

1 1/2 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried onion
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water
Sesame seeds

Put chicken into crock pot. Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot  - can leave chicken in and simmer on low or serve. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice. Feeds about 4 people, doubles GREAT!!

15 comments:

  1. Looks like something my family will love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm goin love this..Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I am bookmarking and sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like sauce for our rice is there enough for 4 people to pour over their rice or should I double the sauce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen - no need to double the sauce - I thought there was plenty! :)

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making this tonight..It sure does smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was delicious and kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie: glad your children loved it too! Mine told me, "Keep this recipe mom, it's like going out to eat at the chinese place!" lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good, did you thaw the chicken or can I throw it in frozen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em: mine was thawed, but I'm sure that it would turn out either way! :)

      Delete
  11. Made this for Valentine's Day dinner! AWESOME! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! We had it tonight too - per request of my nine year old!

      Delete
  12. This is so yummy it's made a way into our regular dinner rotation!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you - feel free to leave a comment!